The words “shopping” and “Gatlinburg” make most people think of outlet malls, but for every brand name store, there are just as many local shops selling rare, one-of-a-kind Smoky Mountain items you just don’t find anywhere else. It’s for that exact reason that we run down our 9 best places to shop in Gatlinburg. With so many shops aligning the Parkway, the choices were many, but only a select few made our list. Think we might have missed something? Send us comment and we’ll compare with our list.
This evolving list features stores ranging from local arts and crafts to kitchen aids and ingredients. Most are within walking distance from one another so if one doesn’t have what you’re looking for, they probably know their neighbor well enough to point you in the right direction or tell you where you can find it. Now, let’s get on with the list.
Our 9 best places to shop in Gatlinburg:
- The Village Shops – This cozy little shopping district just off the parkway features 27 specialty boutiques and eateries. Some of the stores include The Day Hiker where you can stock up on the latest hiking equipment before going into the park, the Silver Tree for all you fine silver jewelry lovers, and Tervis, which carry their special indestructible double-walled cups.
- The Mountain Mall – The Mountain Mall shopping center in the heart of downtown is a great place to stop for a bite to eat, or just shop around. If it were up to us, a daily stop at the Funnel Cake Factory would be in order. Alas, we’ll keep going with this list.
- Wood Signs of Gatlinburg – The store, like its name, is a “what you see is what you get” type of thing. Their beautifully hand-crafted wood signs are perfect for just about any occasion and can be used to note just about anything. Whether you’re thinking an indoor, or an outdoor mount these signs hold up for years and are the perfect wedding, Christmas, or birthday gift.
- Covered Bridge – As a part of the Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Community, this newly constructed retail development features a number of galleries, local jewelry stores, as well as a few studio specializing in pottery and glassware.
- Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Community – Located 3 miles from downtown Gatlinburg, this 8-mile trail loop features stores ranging from pubs, eateries, and local ice cream shops to galleries and studios found only in Gatlinburg, TN.
- Sugarland Cellars – One of the finest wine markets in the Smoky Mountains. If you’re a wine connoisseur, stop by and take home some locally-made wine. Their extensive collection will impress even the heartiest of wone snobs.
- All Sauced Up – The place to shop if you’re into gourmet foods and kitchen gadgets. Daily samples range from barbeque sauces, salsa’s, jams and jellies, salad dressings, gourmet peanut butter and much more. With over 150 samples daily, try it before you buy it.
- Shops at Carousel Gardens – This multi-artist gallery in downtown Gatlinburg features the work of over 45 local artisans from a broad spectrum of talent. Artists include local painters, potters, textile artists, crafters, glass-workers, photographers, and sculptors.
- Tanger Five Oaks Outlet Mall – No shopping list would be complete without even a mention of one of the area’s outlet malls and Tanger happens to be the biggest and best. Located just outside Gatlinburg in Pigeon Forge, they have all the brand name stores you could want.
1 thought on “9 Best Places to Shop in Gatlinburg”
Very good information. Lucky me I ran across your site by accident (stumbleupon).
I’ve saved it for later!